Referrals Without Asking!? 🥳 This Way, Please…
When Stacey Randall Brown launched her first consulting business, she tried a hodgepodge of “old school business development techniques.”
She tried “incessant networking,” free speaking gigs, direct mail, even cold emailing.
She generated some business this way, but these techniques did not work consistently well.
“I ultimately worked too hard for each client,” Stacey writes.
(Been there? Done that?)
Asking for referrals didn’t help. That didn’t feel (or work) much better than cold-calling.
Stacey’s take: “I ask you to give me the name of someone you know who may need what I offer… How do I know if the person you send me is interested? If they even care? And do they want their day interrupted to meet with me? And what will the person think of you when I tell them you gave me their name?”
Everything changed for Stacey when she cracked the code on how to…
…generate referrals without asking.
Maybe it has happened to you. Someone sends you a great prospect out of the blue. It feels like a happy accident.
For Stacey, this is no accident. She devised strategies and tactics to generate referrals without asking.
Since implementing her system in 2014, she has generated more than 100 referrals every year this way.
No more begging for referrals. No more cold-calling. No more working to hard to land each client.
In 2018, Stacey published a book to share her system. It’s called: Generating Business Referrals Without Asking.
The book’s subtitle:
Five Step Plan
to a Referral Explosion
This is a great book. Well-written. Easy to read. Short, sweet, and to-the-point. Loaded with great, simple-to-implement ideas.
That’s why Ted Prodromou and I chose it as this month’s selection for The Mastermind Book Club.
Every month, Ted and I choose a book for members to discuss.
The discussion begins in our online clubhouse.
Then we meet live on Zoom on the 4th Thursday of the month (May 25, 2:30 p.m. ET this month).
This book is short so you have time to read it. But you’re welcome to join the conversation even if you haven’t read the book.
The idea: Share insights and discuss how to implement ideas from the book to advance our businesses.
The Club and the live event are free to join. Click the button below to join us…
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...