RecomMONDAYtions ~ 2024.02.12
Sunrise over St. Louis, Feb. 2024 #allthisusefulbeauty
How to Work a Room
Have you ever walked into a roomful of strangers and felt uncomfortable? If the answer is yes, you’re not alone!
Over 85% of American adults feel the same way. The solution: How to Work a Room, the fully revised Silver Anniversary edition, which has sold over 1.2 million copies worldwide.
Drawing from her vast experiences working with top industry leaders such as Coca-Cola, Apple, the NFL, and UnitedHealth, Susan Roane presents easy-to-implement strategies to exude more confidence, win over your colleagues, and achieve more.
How to Work a Room is this month’s selection for the Mastermind Book Club. Each month, Ted Prodromou choose a book for the club.
On the fourth Thursday of the month, Club members gather live on Zoom to discuss the book.
The Club is free to join at MastmindBook.club.
Total ANNARCHY by Ann Handley
I’ve recommended this before, and I’ll recommend it again…
…because Total ANNARCHY is one of the few newsletters I read top-to-bottom as soon as I see it in my inbox.
Ann is a writer and digital marketing pioneer who writes and speaks often about how to create business-building content your audience will love.
The 2014 post encourages (and DIScourages) readers to adopt “Eddie the Terrible,” a small and yellow and fluffy mutt who’s adorable and terrible.
This is brilliant, entertaining marketing copy…
…and it succeeded in finding a home for Eddie.
The Rapid Lead Activator
Several people emailed last week to tell me they downloaded this book and loved it.
So one more time…
…I encourage you to download The Rapid Lead Activator.
Csaba Borzasi is offering the PDF version FREE to download. So go grab it now while it’s still available.
Nilsson Schmilsson by Harry Nilsson
Fifty-three years after Harry Nilsson released this great album, it’s opening track has hit the mainstream.
“Gotta Get Up” is featured in every season one episode of Netflix’s “Russian Doll” (recommended).
In December 2023, American Express launched an ad called “Get Going with Gold” that features the song — that’s just one of several great tracks on the album. Here’s that Amex ad…
Words to Ponder
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
– John Wooden
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...