RecomMONDAYtions ~ 2023.10.23
All the Light We Cannot See
I usually recommend nonfiction/business books, but I’m making an exception today to share one of my all-time favorite novels.
This is the story of a blind French girl and a German boy lives intertwine during World War II.
I this book. And I learned yesterday: it has been made into a four-part mini-series that premiers on Nextflix next month. I plan to re-read the book before I watch the mini-series.
Mastermind Book Club with Special Guest Brian Kurtz
On Thursday, October 26 at 2 p.m. ET, Ted Prodromou and I will lead a discussion about “Overdeliver” — the magnificent book by marketing legend Brian Kurtz. And Brian will be in the house.
If you want to be a better marketer — and build a business the right way — you must read this book. (Get it at Overdeliverbook.com.)
Then, join the Mastermind Book Club (it’s free) and attend our monthly meeting (Thursday, Oct. 26). Club members get reminder emails with the Zoom link
The Financial Freedom Formula Live Training
Last week, I shared I link to Penelope Jane Smith’s e-book, “The Financial Freedom Formula” to achieve financial freedom so you don’t have to rely on your business, a job, the government, a partner, or anyone else for money?
On Thursday, October 26, Penelope will host a live training to help you dive deeper on The Financial Freedom Formula. The training begins at 3 p.m. ET so you can attend the Mastermind Book Club (see above) and still be on time for this training.
In this free training, you’ll discover
- Two types of passive income and strategies to maximize both.
- The importance of defining a vision for your financial freedom.
- A widespread myth about passive income that drains finances — even for savvy investors.
- Three strategies to fast-track your journey to financial independence.
- Immediate actions you can take.
The training is free. Register here.
Demand for Human Writers Remains Strong
Here’s an interesting article that explores whether AI robots are replacing human copywriters and content creators. According to a report by Freelancer.com, the answer is no.
Jobs related to writing, content creation, and marketing “were the fastest growing freelance jobs by percentage growth” in Q3 2023, according to the report.
You can read the summary and analysis here.
I’m Listening To…
“I Can’t Change It” by Sarah Borges
Sarah Borges is a Boston-based whom I saw live last month. “I Can’t Change It” was written and originally recorded by Scottish singer/songwriter Frankie Miller.
Let me know what you think and whether you’d like to hear about other songs on the playlist.
Words to Ponder
“Before you heal someone, ask him if he’s willing to give up the things that make him sick.”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...