RecomMONDAYtions ~ 2023.06.05
RecomMONDAYtions Episode #2
In case you missed last week…
This is RecomMONDAYtions, a weekly serving of sites to visit, podcasts to hear, videos to watch, resources to try, and more — delivered every MONDAY morning.
Build a Network That Works
(Monday, June 5 — 3:00 PM ET)
Last chance to attend this masterclass with Virginia Muzquiz who is a master connector. She knows how to network productively and profitably, and he’ll reveal her secrets in this free masterclass.
How to Transform Your Emails
(Thursday, June 8, 3:30 PM ET)
Yours truly will will reveal how to turn your emails from “can’t stand ’em” to “must read ’em!” so subscribers look forward to hearing from you, gobble up all you send, and respond to your calls-to-action. Click the button to register instantly without filling out a form.
“LinkedIn Posting Best Practices for 2023“
How often should you post on LinkedIn? What days/times are best to post? Should you comment on your own posts? This article (and infographic) offer research-based suggestions.
Resources / Tools
Stream Movies for Free with Kanopy
I just discovered this service that allows you to stream movies and other video content for free — using your public library or university membership. Download Kanopy on your Apple TV, Roku, or other streaming device, and use your library card to log in. Your library must choose to offer the service (not all do). But the service is widely available.
Podcast: The Story Power Marketing Show
Two new episodes of my podcast…
The Pursuit of Profitable Happiness (with Dr. Pelè)
What every business’s greatest asset is and how to leverage it for superior performance. How to think about what “happiness” really means to take control of achieving it. Why so many businesses kill their golden goose and how to avoid making the same mistake. And more…
View/Listen on our site
Listen on Apple Podcasts
How to Build a Network that Works (with Virginia Muzquiz)
The secret truth about networking and how to build a system that works. Why you should think of your network as an exclusive deserted island and how to interview people to see if they should join you on it. The five levels of business relationships and how to engage across the levels. And more…
View/Listen on our site
Listen on Apple Podcasts
“One Summer: America, 1927” by Bill Bryson
Bill Bryson is one of my favorite writers. This is one of his great books. A fun, easy, info-taining read for the summer. Here’s the publisher’s description:
“The summer of 1927 began with Charles Lindbergh crossing the Atlantic. Meanwhile, Babe Ruth was closing in on the home run record. In Newark, New Jersey, Alvin ‘Shipwreck’ Kelly sat atop a flagpole for twelve days, and in Chicago, the gangster Al Capone was tightening his grip on bootlegging. The first true ‘talking picture,’Al Jolson’s The Jazz Singer, was filmed, forever changing the motion picture industry. All this and much, much more transpired in the year Americans attempted and accomplished outsized things—and when the twentieth century truly became the American century. One Summer transforms it all into narrative nonfiction of the highest order.”
Quote to Ponder
❝ “Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac. ❞
– George Carlin
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...