Priceless Marketing Lessons Courtesy of President Trump
I gotta hand it to President Donald J. Trump.
Love him or hate him, El Presidente just did many of us a favor.
He shut up the “TikTok-is-the-Next-Big-Marketing-Thing” crowd.
(Search for “tiktok marketing next big thing,” and you’ll find them).
On Friday, he issued an executive order banning TikTok in the USA, effective next month.
Those who breathlessly cheered TikTok as the next online goldmine must wonder whether it will be the next internet ghost town.
Remember MySpace? Vine? Friendster? Google Wave? Google Plus?
All covered in cobwebs. Deader than Deadwood.
Who knows whether TikTok will survive the challenge? But that’s not the point.
This is the point: Social media platforms come and go.
When they’re coming on…
…people hop aboard the hype train…
…invest big bucks in the latest “can’t-miss” marketing channel…
…and then wonder “What happened!?” when the train derails…
…or when their can’t-miss marketing misfires.
You may be thinking, “I didn’t fall for the hype. I didn’t invest in any of those platforms.”
My reply: How ‘bout Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter?
Are you riding any of those trains? Do you think they’re immune?
Big lessons here:
- Don’t put too many eggs in one basket. Spread the love across multiple media channels. If you depend too much on one platform, the rubble will bury you when the train derails.
- Focus first on powering up your stories. Platforms come and go. But your stories are the rock. The foundation. The thing on which all else is built. That’s true on platforms with staying power (like email). That’s true for the countless here-today-gone-tomorrow platforms.
If you craft and deliver powerful stories, you’ll still survive and thrive — even if your platform-du-jour tumbles and crumbles.
And how, pray tell, do you craft and deliver powerful stories?
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...