Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 23
Recommended Reading / Listening
The Daily Stoic: Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Age
I’m a big fan of Ryan Holiday’s The Daily Stoic. I subscribe to his emails. I read his book. I listen to his podcast. The website describes stoicism as, “…a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and more wise–and as a result, better people, better parents and better professionals.” I think that’s a good summary. Here’s a video that offers a great overview…
Recommended (Quick) Read
Seth Godin re: Insignificant Digits
Seth Godin always delivers big, profound ideas in a concise package. Here’s a post from Seth’s blog that asks us to question the data we analyze. Business people make many judgements based on the numbers they analyze. But are the numbers really telling us the story we think?
More Recommended Reading
Entertaining and Informative Writing Tips from Ann Handley
Last month, I told you about the new thank you note I send to people who sign up for my emails. Ann Handley inspired it.
Ann runs MarketingProfs which is great resource for business-to-business marketers. Her emails are among my favorites. Here’s how she describes them:
“Every two weeks I send out a (literal) letter about things I’m doing and things I believe are worth sharing. I’ll share new writing tips, useful marketing ideas, fresh thoughts, and some high-spirited shenanigans—delivered direct from me to your inbox. It arrives early Sunday morning. It’s free.”
You can sign up here.
Recommended Listening and Reading
Joni Mitchell’s Masterpiece Turns 50
Fifty years ago tomorrow (June 22), Joni Mitchell released the album Blue. It’s a masterpiece. Many critics (and other musicians) consider it to be the greatest singer-songwriter album ever. I count it among my top-10 favorite albums.
Here are two great articles I read this week about the album:
Her Kind Of Blue: Joni Mitchell’s Masterpiece At 50 (NPR)
Here’s a video with a remastered version of “A Case of You” (Side 2, Track 4). It’s difficult to pick a favorite among the 10 incredible songs on this album. But if I had to choose, “A Case of You” might be the one.
On this Day in History…
…The US Constitution was Officially Adopted…
…when, on June 21, 1788, New Hampshire became the ninth state to rarify it.
The Constitution begins, “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...