Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.03.13
Seth Godin on the Power of “I Don’t Know”
Another quick read from Seth Godin’s blog. Well worth the <1 minute it will take you to read it. Why it’s OK (or better) to say, “I don’t know.”
Brian Kurtz: How Life Imitates Direct Marketing
Baseball season is here. Spring training is in full swing and the World Baseball Classic is underway. Seemed like a good time to share this baseball-themed post by Brian Kurtz — a marketing legend and part-time baseball ump.
I could summarize and sell it to you. But trust me. Just read the post. It’s great.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Lead and Sell with Heart
The latest episode of my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show, with guest Wade Thomas
For over two decades, Wade Thomas has served as a strategic talent executive who guides leaders to develop and shape organizations from the perspective of high-performance management coupled with compassion and empathy.
As the founder and CEO of Aim to Win, Wade has coached and consulted with hundreds of leaders who are now practicing the principles of bringing out the best in high-performing individuals and businesses, so that they are equipped to achieve organizational excellence and business growth.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
~ How to lead and sell with heart (0:10)
~ What heart-based leadership is all about (1:54)
~ A formula for success (6:28)
~ Coaching is not selling (14:38)
~ How to get in touch with Wade (19:44)
Excerpt video: here.
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and hear, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
Magic Words by Jonah Berger
This month’s selection for the Mastermind Book Club: Jonah Berger’s Magic Words. From the publisher’s summary: “New York Times bestselling author Jonah Berger’s cutting-edge research reveals how six types of words can increase your impact in every area of life: from persuading others and building stronger relationships, to boosting creativity and motivating teams.”
Each month, Ted Prodromou and I choose a book to read. Members discuss the book in our online clubhouse. Then we meet on Zoom to discuss the book live.
You don’t have to read the book to join the conversation.
✓ Share insights drawn from the book.
✓ Discuss how to apply those insights to improve your business.
✓ Celebrate success as you or other members implement.
The key word above: IMPLEMENT.
Click the button below to join the club.
…From Joe Chernov
“Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.”
– Joe Chernov
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...