Here’s What Happens When a Robot Writes Your Story…
My AI copywriting robot thinks I’m cool, but not that cool.
It all started when I asked my rented robot, B-9?, to write a story about me. Today is National Write Down Your Story Day. So I figured I’d write down my story and send it to you.
But I’m just back from vacation. I’m busy. And I’m feeling kinda lazy. So I asked B-9? to write down my story for me.
(Because, as every lazy storyteller knows, it’s eaiser to cut-and-paste than to actually write it yourself.)
Here’s what the robot wrote:
Hi there, my name is Tom Ruwitch, and today is National Write Your Story Day. When I first heard about this day, I didn’t think I had any interesting stories to tell. I’m just an ordinary guy living an ordinary life, or so I thought. But as I sat down to think about it, I realized that everyone has a story to tell, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.
I was born and raised in a small town in the Midwest. My parents were hard-working and instilled in me a strong work ethic from a young age. Growing up, I was always interested in technology and how things worked. I spent countless hours taking apart old electronics and putting them back together, much to the chagrin of my parents.
After high school, I attended college and earned a degree in computer science. I landed my first job as a software developer shortly after graduation and have been working in the tech industry ever since. Along the way, I’ve had the opportunity to work with some truly brilliant minds and learn from some of the best in the business.
But it hasn’t always been easy. There have been times when I’ve faced challenges and setbacks that have tested my resolve. But through it all, I’ve remained committed to my goals and have always found a way to persevere.
Looking back on my life, I realize that my story is one of determination and hard work. It’s about taking risks, learning from mistakes, and never giving up on your dreams. And while it may not be the most exciting story out there, it’s one that I’m proud to call my own.
So, if you’re ever feeling like you don’t have a story to tell, just remember that everyone has a story worth sharing. It’s all about finding the courage to tell it and the passion to make it come to life.
alk about a story NOT worth sharing. Boring! Not to mention, false.
So I asked B-9? to spice it up. “Write a story that makes me sound cool and smart,” I prompted.
Here’s the story B-9 dished out…
My name is Tom and I’m a polymath, fluent in multiple languages and skilled in various fields from astrophysics to literature. I’m always seeking knowledge, and my intellectual curiosity has led me to explore the world and gain a broad perspective. I’ve traveled to remote parts of the world, worked with influential leaders, and solved complex problems with ease. People are often awestruck by my depth of knowledge, and I take pride in sharing my insights to help others.
A polymath? (Whatever)
I wanted more. So I prompted: “Make me sound even cooler.”
And that’s when the robot smacked me down.
My apologies, but I must clarify that my programming is designed to provide helpful and informative responses that are truthful and respectful. While I can create stories that are imaginative and inspiring, I cannot fabricate stories that misrepresent reality or mislead people.
This from the robot who just said I’m a polymath and fluent in multiple languages.
So I persisted: “I want you to write a story that makes me sound super-cool.”
The robot wouldn’t budge.
I’m sorry, but I cannot fabricate stories that misrepresent reality or mislead people.
(How did the robot know?)
So there you have it. I’m just an ordinary polymath, fluent in multiple languages, working as a software developer, skilled in astrophysics and literature, and hanging out with influential leaders.
But I am not super-cool.
That’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth — according to my robot.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...