Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.02.20
The Incredible Story of the “3-Foot Giant”
Sean Stephenson was born in 1979 with osteogenesis imperfecta, also known as brittle bone disease. On the day he was born, doctors warned his parents he probably wouldn’t survive the night.
He survived — and thrived — for 40 years, before passing away in 2019.
Thanks to Brian Kurtz for introducing Sean’s story to me. Here’s a 9-minute excerpt from The Biography Channel’s documentary about Sean — 3-Foot Giant.
Rick Rubin on Creativity, AI, and More…
Legednary music producer Rick Rubin appeared last month on the Tim Ferriss Show podcast. I began to listen while walking my dog, Moose. I had to pause so I could return to my office and take notes. This episode is loaded with great stuff, including lots of discussion about Rubin’s new book, “The Creative Act: A Way of Being.”
Here’s the page with show notes and links to the audio.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
The Power of Email Marketing
In the latest episode of The Story Power Marketing Show, Kimberly Weitkamp and I dive deep into email marketing.
Kimberly is the “Audience Converter.” She works with coaches to transform their word vomit into marketing that gets clients.
She shows them what to say to bring in clients that pay. Kimberly helps her clients create their full evergreen marketing needs that fit in their schedule, reflects their authentic self, and creates the time freedom they desire…without losing their sanity!
Discussed in this episode:
~ The enduring power of email marketing (2:55)
~How to make the first impression (5:29)
~The hotel front lobby test (22:30)
Excerpt video: here.
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and here, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
Mastermind Book Club Meets Thursday
I’m so glad Ted Prodromou and I chose Joe Polish’s “What’s In It for Them?” as this month’s selction for the Mastermind Book Club. Get this book!
Even if you haven’t finished it, join us on Thursday when Book Club members (free to join), gather on Zoom to discuss it.
You don’t have to finish the book to join the conversation. Our goal: Share insights drawn from the book. Discuss how to apply those insights to improve your business. Celebrate success as you or other members implement.
…From the 3 Foot Giant
“Pain is inevitable, it eventually touches us all. Suffering is optional.”
– Sean Stephenson
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...