Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.01.23
The Marketoonist on the AI Tidal Wave
This may be my favorite cartoon yet by Tom Fishburne, aka The Marketoonist. Have a chuckle and then read the post he wrote about AI. Funny AND insightful.
Why Success Depends on Saying What You Mean and Meaning What You Say
The latest episode on the Story Power Marketing Show podcast…
Barry Kleiman is a dedicated husband, father, and grandfather who is also a basketball coach turned social entrepreneur. He spent decades in the trenches of executive search and executive development, and he’s now an authority who advocates for truth-based interviewing.
Barry is the author of the soon-to-be-released book, “Successful Interviewing”
Over 5+ decades in the career success and job search business, Barry observed that too many people are unable to say what they mean during human interactions. As a result, their messaging changes like the weather, which drags them off-brand, undermines their integrity and challenges their sanity.
Barry is on a mission to fix that.
Discussed in this episode:
- His most significant takeaway after five decades in career success and job search
- How to interview effectively
- Using personal stories to grow your careers and community
- How to stay on-brand and maintain your personal integrity.
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Marc Mawhinney and John Jantsch
Marc interviews marketing legend John Jantsch who outlines the key concepts of his “Duct Tape Marketing” system.
How to Learn and Present New Things
Physicist Richard Feynman once said if you can’t explain a complex concept in a simpler way, you probably don’t understand it well enough.
Great insight. Here’s a great article about how to use the “Feynman method” to learn and teach new things.
Words to Ponder
…from a marketing legend
“Address the people you seek, and them only.”
– Claude C. Hopkins
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...