Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.01.16
Seth Godin Does it Again
Check out this very short blog post from Seth Godin.
Reading time <30 seconds. It’s brilliant…
…especially the last line.
Recommended Listening / Viewing
Rock the Stage to Skyrocket Your Authority & Success
The latest episode on the Story Power Marketing Show podcast…
Rich “Trigger” Bontrager is the creator and host of “How To Rock the Stage Show,” airing live each Wednesday night. Rich hosts the National Speakers Association (NSA) podcaster, author forums, and the new NSA LIVE show Behind the Stage.
Entrepreneurs, executives, and speakers hire Rich to unleash their brand authority by learning media-savvy skills that help them shine on camera and stage.
Rich’s passion comes from his 30 years as a professional broadcaster, keynote speaker, and pastor. Rich provides group and 1-on-1 transformational coaching with practical tools, evaluations, and action steps that radically transform your confidence, clarity, and communication skills.
Discussed in this episode:
- 3 Keys to raise your brand authority with media skills
- How to create and grow your own media empire and elevate your brand authority
- Why you no longer need the big networks to elevate you and your brand.
- Media-savvy skills to help you shine on camera and separate yourself from the crowd.
- Why to leverage media and your brand authority
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Build a Human Company In the Age of Machines
Early in his 12-minute TED talk, Tim Leberecht says, “As machines take our jobs and do them more efficiently, soon the only work left for us humans will be the kind of work that must be done beautifully, not efficiently.”
That’s a profound, important idea (that applies to content creation). This TED talk is loaded with them.
AI is Here to Stay so Bring on the Fact-Checkers
If you’ve been reading my emails recently, you know about my AI copywriting robot, Bjorn (may he RIP). I’ve been testing the limits of machine-learning, and one thing is obvious: AI copywriters spout a lot of B.S. They often get the facts wrong.
Here’s a great article that describes why you need a fact-checker if you employ the AI robots.
Words to Ponder…
…from the songwriter who penned “Hallelujah”
“I’ve always felt that the more personal you get, the more universal the application, rather than the other way around. If you begin to address yourself to the masses like that, then I suppose you could have a hit, but to me the more accurate you get about your situation, then the more accessible it is to other people.” –
— Leonard Cohen
(see below for that song he wrote…)
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...