Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.05.16
Creative Thinking – What’s Holding You Back?
Brian Clark was serving up great, creative content before “content marketing” was a thing. He created Copyblogger, one of my favorite sites for marketing tips.
Here’s a post by Brian from last year that I especially like.
I say this often: Every one can deliver content that is more creative and captivating — if they learn how AND overcome mental blocks that hold them back.
Brian breaks it down here (#10 is my favorite):
Five Storytelling Strategies to Make Presentations Stand Out
Thanks to my friend Les Landes for sharing this great article from Harvard Business Review.
From the article summary: Our minds are wired for story. We think in narrative and enjoy consuming content in story form. So understanding the difference between presenting and storytelling is critical to a leader’s ability to engage an audience and move them to action. Unfortunately, presentation software often gets in the way. Slides should be designed to complement a story, not to replace the storyteller. The author presents five storytelling strategies to help you stand out the next time you give a presentation.”
The Power of Introverts
I love this TED talk by Susan Cain.
If you’re an introvert, take heart. Cain celebrates your extraordinary talents and encourages you to embrace your strengths.
If you’re an extrovert, this video will help you understand and empathize with introverts (read the comments section, too).
Informative and entertaining. A great presentation loaded with great storytelling.
Heartbeat is an Excellent Community Platform
When Ted Prodromou and I launched the Mastermind Book Club, we used a well known platform to host our community. That platform cost us $49/month, and we were soon going to grow to the $100/month level.
Then we discovered Heartbeat — a great communication and sharing platform that lets you host chats, live events, content, and courses under your own domain.
And the price is right. We got a lifetime deal on AppSumo.
Hearbeat is available there for a one-time fee, starting at $69.
Here’s an overview video from AppSumo.
Advertising Legend Leo Burnett Said…
“The secret of all effective advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships.”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...