Monday Mash-Up 2022.01.31
Train Your Brain To Become a Learning Machine
Here’s a great article I found on Medium.com that presents 6 daily habits to foster self-improvement and learning.
My favorite from the list: “Stop Judging People, Open Your Mind Instead..Fast judgment is a sign of a closed mind. A closed mind is a sign of fixed beliefs. And fixed beliefs are a sign of someone who doesn’t learn.”
I recently discovered an amazing online resource called Pick My Brain. Think of it as an online marketplace for interesting people. Those people — the site calls them brains — set up profiles and then offer their time (short, one-time conversations or longer, ongoing consultations) for free or whatever price they choose. Here’s my profile.
The site is full of brains from around the globe covering an endless list of topics. Most of the brains offer a free “meet-me” session.
You can browse the site and connect with the brains for free. You also can set up your own profile — become a brain and share your profile — for free. Pick My Brain charges a monthly fee for you to unlock additional opportunities to list, sell, share and connect.
Recommended Listening / Watching
Doreen Downing on the Story Power Marketing Show
The latest episode of the Story Power Marketing Show podcast has hit the airwaves. Dr. Doreen Downing is so wise. So giving. So helpful — if you ever struggle with anxiety around finding your voice and speaking (to a crowd or even with one person).
Here’s an excerpt in which she says, “Anxiety comes because you’re anticipating something in the future that isn’t happening yet. You CAN move quickly through fear to a calm inner STRENGTH.”
That’s one of many gold nuggets in this episode.
Find it wherever you get your favorite podcast. Just search “Story Power Marketing Show.” Or go to our website StoryPowerMarketing.show to find the episode audio and video and links to the services where you can get the show.
If you like what you see and hear, please post a review so others are more likely to find and enjoy it, too.
The Giant Hand Of Vyrnwy
In March 2011, a storm destroyed the largest tree in Wales. The Douglas Fir stood 209 feet. All that was left after the storm: a 50-ft stump.
Rather than cut down the stump, natural resource officials put out a call for proposals to turn it into a piece of art.
The winning proposal came from Simon O’Rourke who transformed the stump into a work called “The Giant Hand of Vyrnwy.“
I suspect these pictures don’t do it justice. But it may be a while before we make it over to Wales.
So, for now, these pictures will have to do to give us a taste of this remarkable work.
O’Rourke tells the story here.
Words to Ponder
The Voyage of Discovery
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands…but in seeing with new eyes.”
– Marcel Proust
(Thanks to Todd Cherches who includes this great quote in his book VisuaLeadership)
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...