Invitation: Stand Out Above the Trash-generating Crowd
The email from longtime subscriber “Scott H” landed in my inbox last week with a “thud”
It flashed as a notification on my iPhone’s home screen, revealing just the first line…
“I have a problem with your…emails…”
“Uh-oh!” I thought.
I took a deep breath, sat up straight, and clicked the notification to open the email – bracing for the worst.
“I have a problem with your…emails. I can’t delete them,” the email said.
“Huh!? What the…” I thought. “Can’t delete my emails!?”
I imagined Scott frantically clicking the “delete” key, steam blowing from his ears as nothing happened, as my email remained stuck there in his inbox.
What’s happening here!?
And then the plot twist…
Scott wrote: “I open them when they arrive with great interest, and I really enjoy reading them. However, I don’t want to delete them because there is frequently content that I don’t have time to immediately look at and/or there is excellent content that I don’t want to lose. So, by necessity I have created an email folder called ‘Great Stuff’”
Relief washed over me.
“I can’t delete your emails” didn’t mean “…some technical malfunction prevented me from trashing your unwanted junk.”
It meant, “I don’t dare delete your great stuff”
So Scott has created an email safe deposit box where he stores the treasured messages.
Which leads me to a question…
Do your subscribers
treat your emails like
trash or treasure?
Most emails I see are the same old “blah, blah, blah” boring trash — ignored and/or deleted by those who receive them.
How do you create emails that stand out from the trash-generating crowd?
You can start by registering for the free workshop I’m hosting on Friday…
How to Transform Your Emails from Trash to Treasure
This is 5in25 workshop — five tips delivered in 25 minutes, followed by Q&A. I’ll reveal:
- How to create emails that subscribers open as soon as they arrive (and read with great interest)
- Simple ways to come up with an endless supply of topics that readers will consider “great stuff”
- A powerful, proven formula for creating irresistible subject lines.
- The greatest mistake that most marketers make with their email — and how you can avoid it.
Five tips in 25 minutes, followed by Q&A. The workshop on Friday, June 2 begins promptly at 12 p.m. EDT, 11 a.m. CDT (and it won’t be recorded). Click the button below to register…
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...