I Fought The Law And The Law Lost
Happy National Speak in Sentences Day.
Oops. “Party on” is not a complete sentence!
Oops, I did it again.
Darn it! I meant, “I am now laughing out loud.”
That’s better, at least according to the “Speak In Sentences” police.
I hear from them occasionally.
“Your emails and blog posts are full of sentence fragments,” they tell me.
“That’s unprofessional,” they insist.
Then they lecture: “You must write in complete sentences. You may not end sentences with prepositions. You are forbidden to begin a sentence with ‘and’ or ‘but.’”
Perfect grammar and complete sentences? Not my thing.
You see, I write like I talk, and I talk like an ordinary human being — not an English professor.
No shame in that. In fact, it makes my writing more “human.” More relatable. More readable.
I used to write email essays. I used to write as if Clara Fieselmann, my 7th-grade English teacher, would grade me. She was a decorated member of the “Speak in Sentences” police.
But no more. Now I write as if I’m having a conversation with you. And the results speak for themselves.
Open rates up.
Click rates up.
Conversion rates up.
So on this and every May 31, I’ll skip the celebration for National Speak in Sentences Day.
May 31 is also National Macaroon Day. Now that’s worth celebrating!
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...