How to Evolve Beyond Paint-by-numbers Marketing
We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this important announcement:
You still have time to register for today’s free masterclass, How to Turn Your Book (or Other Content) Into a Lead-Attracting, Client-Generating Machine.
Details and registration here.
Now, back to our program…
After seeing Lucinda Williams in concert on Sunday, I bought her memoir, Don’t Tell Anybody the Secrets I Told You.
In Chapter 3, Lucinda describes her first musical instrument — a hand-me-down zither from her mom.
“It was the same shape as an Autoharp, but you played it on your lap,” Lucinda wrote. “You slid sheet music underneath the strings and it would show you how to play a song, almost like tracing a picture underneath a sheet of blank paper.”
Holy coincidence, Batman. My first musical instrument was a zither just like Lucinda’s. It looked like this:
I loved that zither…
…but I eventually got bored of plucking one note at a time. This paint-by-numbers music-making no longer did it for me.
I wanted to be more creative. I wanted to make make “my own” music.
Reminds me of the way I learned to create marketing funnels.
Over the years, I’ve bought and consumed many programs designed to create lead-generating landing pages and churn out sales-generating emails.
Many of those programs included fill-in-the-blank templates.
I filled ’em out. And I learned a lot.
But over time, I noticed…
…everyone’s landing pages looked the same…
…and all those emails suffered from paint-by-numbers sameness.
I wanted to create content that helped me stand out…
…content that positioned me as the go-to expert.
So I evolved beyond the templates and deconstructed the underlying frameworks. I learned what makes great content great.
Most of the paint-by-numbers template-fillers dish out content without understanding how it’s constructed.
So if they want to move beyond the boring, same-as-everyone-else content…
…if they want to create content that stands out…
…they don’t know how
so their marketing falls flat.
That’s why today’s masterclass (and my other trainings) focus on frameworks.
I’m not going to hand you a paint-by-numbers template (at least not yet).
I’m going to reveal the strategies and critical elements (the framework)…
…so you’ll know how to assemble lead-generating landing pages and sales-generating follow-up emails.
Don’t get me wrong…
…I love time-saving templates…
…as long as I understand the strategy and framework behind them.
So after I reveal the framework for great landing pages and follow-up emails, I’ll show you the marketing automation system I use…
…complete with built in templates that empower me to…
…assemble ready-to-edit landing pages and follow-up funnels with one-click.
I’ve never pulled back the curtain on these time-saving automations…
…but I’ll reveal all today…
…to those who attend the masterclass.
I won’t share the recording (unless you were one of the early-birds who requested it last week). So you have to attend this one live.
When: TODAY, October 12. 2:30 pm ET, 1:30 pm CT).
Where: Live on Zoom.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...