Biz Tips Inspired by Batman, French Verbs, and The Quest for World Peace
In case you missed the news yesterday:
I’m hosting a complimentary content planning workshop…
How to Generate a Constant Flow of Content Ideas — Without Suffering from Writer’s Block
Tomorrow at 1 p.m. EDT, 12 p.m. CDT.
If you want to attend, reply to this email with “give me the workshop details.” I’ll send you all the details.
One of the things we’ll discuss tomorrow…
Television is a great source for content ideas
Over the weekend, I came up with the idea for this email while watching one of my all-time-favorite shows, Batman.
Season 1, Episode 3.
Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward, Dick Grayson, sit in the living room at stately Wayne Manor.
Dick is working on his high school French homework, trying to conjugate “Aller” – the verb “to go.”
Dick says: “Je vais…Tu vas…Il va…Nous allons…Vous…”
Dick knows he’s wrong. He slams the book shut and says, “Ah heck! What’s the use of learning French anyway!?”
Bruce responds: “Dick, I’m surprised at you. Language is the key to world peace. If we all spoke each other’s tongues, perhaps the scourge of war would be ended forever.”
“Gosh, Bruce, yes!” Dick says, “I’ll get these darn verbs if they kill me.”
So quaint. Outrageously earnest. Eye-rolling if you take it seriously. Hilarious if you embrace it as the campy joke it is.
And despite the joke, when I saw Bruce sell French to Dick the other day, I thought…
“There’s an email here.”
You see, marketing is all about giving prospects a powerful reason to buy.
And Bruce gave Dick a powerful reason to buy French.
I know, “end the scourge of war forever” is an outrageous reason for a high school student to learn French. (That’s part of the joke).
But let’s forget about make-believe Dick Grayson and imagine a real high school student.
And let’s ask some serious questions:
If “world peace” is not the reason why the student learns French, what is?
What’s that high school student’s story?
What will inspire them to act?
And if you’re not sure, where do you turn to discover the prospect’s story?
Great marketers can answer those questions. They have the tools and systems to discover prospects’ stories and deliver content that inspires action.
I’ll answer those questions and reveal some of the tools and systems at the workshop tomorrow.
Reply with “give me the workshop details” if you want to attend.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...