🏇 Secretariat Rules — Blazing Good Insights and Inspiration
Fifty years ago today, Secretariat buried the field at The Belmont Stakes and became the first horse in 25 years to win the Triple Crown.
It’s one of those I-remember-where-I-was moments. The greatest sports performance I’ve ever seen.
I was in my living room at my house on Nantucket Lane in St. Louis…
…watching with my brother and father…
…jumping up and down and screaming…
…as Secretariat was — to quote CBS announcer Chic Anderson — “blazing along” and “moving like a tremendous machine.”
I watched the reply this morning, and it gave me chills. Here it is:
This weekend, I’ll watch (again) Secretariat, the 2010 Disney film about the horse, his trainer (Lucien Laurin, played by John Malkovich), and his owner (Penny Chenery, played by Diane Lane).
I love this movie.
You don’t have to give a hoot about horse racing to enjoy it.
An incredible, inspiring story, loaded with lessons.
Here’s one, delivered by Diane Lane’s Penny Chenery:
This is not about going back. This is about life being ahead of you and you run at it! Because you never know how far you can run unless you run.
That’s some blazing good insight.
Enjoy your weekend…
…and long may you run.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...