Why Your Life Stories Repel Prospects — and What to Do About It…
I bumped into a frustrated storyteller/marketer this morning in an online forum who wrote:
“The problem I had was choosing a really interesting topic for storytelling. Because nobody cares about your everyday life except you and your team. I wrote sincerely, and in the end I got so few hits.”
Ahhhh… A tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. The aspiring storyteller who tries to mine his life for “interesting topics” and comes up with pebbles instead of gold.
“Nobody cares about your everyday life?”
…unless you show you care about theirs.
I share a lot of stories about my life. But I only share them if I think YOU can relate.
Don’t tell stories to say, “Look at me!”
Tell them to say, “I see you!”
Why am I telling you this story about a frustrated marketer?
Because so many on my list — you? — are frustrated, too.
“Finding interesting topics is a problem.”
“I dish out sincere stories about myself and readers tune out and move on.”
“Storytelling doesn’t generate the traffic (or sales) I need.”
I see you. I understand the frustration. And I have good news…
You can transform content marketing from frustrating to fruitful and fun.
Next week, I’ll host a free one-hour workshop — How to Generate a Flood of Client-Attracting Content Ideas.
I’ll send you the details and Zoom link if you reply to this email with “Gold, not pebbles.”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...