Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 18
Timeless Marketing Wisdom
Two Masters Discuss the Power of Storytelling
Daniel Levis is one of my mentors, one of the smartest and most successful marketers I know.
Joe Sugarman is a legendary marketer, one who taught Levis many important lessons — especially about the power of storytelling in marketing.
Here’s an interview Daniel conducted with Joe. This is many years old. But don’t think it’s outdated. There’s timeless wisdom here that can help any business person who wants to create and deliver more powerful stories.
Recommended Viewing and Reading
Writing Tips from 15 Greats
The minute I saw the infographic in this article, I printed a copy and tacked it to my bulletin board.
Tips from Toni Morrison, Stephen King, C.S. Lewis, and other authors I love.
This is not a collection of highbrow literary lessons for aspiring novelists. These are quick tips that apply to all of us who write for business — including marketers.
LinkedIn Master Chats with the Copywriting Great
When Ted Prodromou talks about LinkedIn, I listen. When David Garfinkel talks about copywriting, I listen. That’s why I listened to (and loved) this episode of Garfinkel’s Copywriters Podcast with Prodromou as his guest. This conversation is loaded with marketing wisdom.
The New Edition of Robert Cialdini’s Classic
Robert Cialdini has released a new and expanded version of Influence – the Psychology of Persuasion.
This is a must read for anyone who wants to understand the psychology of why people say yes and how to apply these insights ethically in business and everyday settings.
This new and expanded edition offers new research, new insights, new examples, and online applications.
Words to Ponder
Jeannette Rankin Gives You The Green Light
Jeannette Rankin, the first woman elected to the U.S. Congress, died 48 years ago this week. She said this once:
“Go! Go! Go! It makes no difference where, just so you go! Go! Go! Remember, at the first opportunity, go.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...