Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.02.27
Ann Handley: The One Email Metric You Need to Track
This is a great post from Ann Handley who describes how she began measuring this ONE thing related to her email marketing — and how that one thing is the most important thing she tracks.
I measure it, too. And so should you.
When I launch Email Marketing Power next month, I’ll dive deep into the importance of this metric and how you can improve ROI when you focus on it.
More Recommended Reading
How to Stop Overthinking Everything
I’m an overthinker. I tell myself stories. I have a perfection problem.
That’s why I love this article by Melody Wilding in the Harvard Business Review. The summary:
“Deliberation is an admirable and essential leadership quality that undoubtedly produces better outcomes. But there comes a point in decision making where helpful contemplation turns into overthinking. To stop the cycle of thinking too much and drive towards better, faster decisions you can: put aside perfectionism, right-size the problem, leverage the underestimated power of intuition, limit the drain of decision fatigue, and construct creative constraints.”
Full article: here.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
The Video Advantage
The latest episode of my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show, with guest Ed Troxell. Ed is is a video coach and online marketing expert. He teaches real estate agents and other business owners how to show up on video for their social media and marketing so they can attract more qualified leads and close more deals.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
~Ed’s video coaching strategy (1:55)
~Tips for recording your video (16:49)
~How to get the video advantage (32:06)
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and here, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
“I Went From 3rd Grade Dropout To ULTRA SUCCESSFUL”
Thanks to my friend Roger Bielicke from Unleash Insight for introducing me to this great video by Rick Rigsby — who went from grade-school dropout to become a best-selling author, motivational speaker, and business coach.
This video is loaded with valuable lessons.
…From Gary V.
“The best marketing strategy ever: CARE”
– Gary Veynerchuk
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...