Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.02.13
Resources to Be a Better Noticer
In last week’s Mash-Up, I shared Bill Keaggy’s excellent TED talk, How to Find Attention, Mindfulness, and Creativity in the Ordinary.
Here’s a great post from Austin Kleon that breaks down the talk and cites other recourses to help you become a better noticer.
Why do I keep sharing stuff about noticing? Great storytellers are great noticers. The more you notice, the easier it is to find great stories.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
Michael Whitehouse on My Podcast
The latest episode of The Story Power Marketing Show: How to Build Your Network to Grow Your Business.
Michael Whitehouse is “The Guy Who Knows a Guy.” In 2014, he came to Groton, Connecticut knowing no one at all. A year later, after diving into networking with both feet, he was a major connector in the local community. In 2020, he went global and began connecting entrepreneurs, investors, speakers, and others around the world to people they need to know.
He offers his services as a networking concierge, making connections and building strategic alliances around the world. He is the host of the daily Morning Motivation Podcast and the Guy Who Knows a Guy interview podcast.
Discussed in this Episode:
- What is a networking concierge? (2:06)
- How to introduce people to the right people. (7:05)
- The power of networking at scale. (39:39)
Excerpt video: here.
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and here, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
Tips to Write Great Blog Content
This is a great post from content marketing pioneer Darren Rowse (Problogger): How To Write Excellent Blog Content – What We Wish We Knew.
Excellent tips, plus a list of additional resources to help you create better content.
Why Ugly Sites Win (Sometimes)
I this article by my pal Adam Kreitman about a website redesign gone wrong. He and his partners turned their ugly old website into a spiffy new website. And the results were NOT pretty.
A cautionary tale about websites and marketing assumptions. And (as is always the case with Adam’s posts or emails) an entertaining read!
…From Doris Lessing
“Whatever you’re meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible.”
– Doris Lessing
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...