Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.09.19
How to Stop Languishing and Start Finding Flow
This is a great TED talk!
From the YouTube description: Have you found yourself staying up late, joylessly bingeing TV shows and doomscrolling through the news, or simply navigating your day uninspired and aimless? Chances are you’re languishing, says organizational psychologist Adam Grant — a psychic malaise that has become all too common after many months of the pandemic. He breaks down the key indicators of languishing and presents three ways to escape that “meh” feeling and start finding your flow.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Treat Disruptions as Speed Bumps, Not Roadblocks
A new episode of The Story Power Marketing Show podcast with special guest Tony Martignetti…
Tony is a trusted advisor, coach, experience creator, author, podcast host, and speaker. who brings together over 25 years of business and management experience, formal training, and extreme curiosity to elevate leaders and equip them with the tools to navigate through change and unlock their true potential.
He loves guiding people to find clarity in their lives so they are energized, fully present, and unstoppable.
When leaders unlock their potential and lead from a place of inspired purpose, they impact and inspire everyone around them. He has dedicated himself to helping people live inspired lives.
In most cases, that involves encountering forces beyond your control and choosing how to respond.
Before becoming the founder and Chief Inspiration Officer of Inspired Purpose Coaching, he was a finance and strategy executive with experience working with some of the world’s leading life sciences companies. Along his journey, he also managed small businesses and ran a financial consulting company.
Tony is the host of The Virtual Campfire podcast and the author of “Climbing the Right Mountain: Navigating the Journey to An Inspired Life.”
Discussed during this episode:
- How to live an inspired life
- Why you should ask the questions that no one else dares
- How to navigate disruptive change and come out on top
- Why it’s essential NOT to have all the answers
- The R.E.A.D.Y framework and how it can be the difference between success and failure
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Why Email is Still Powerful
Great LinkedIn post from marketing expert Dean Isaacs: Why email is still powerful and should be a major part of your marketing mix.
Dean knows his stuff. And he boils this down in six quick slides loaded with valuable insights.
6 Eternal Truths From 6 Dead Mad Men
Claude Hopkins, David Olgilvy, Robert Collier, John Caples, Eugene Schwartz, Gary Halbert. Marketing legends.
In this short (13-minute) video, another marketing legend Brian Kurtz delivers one eternal marketing truth from each of these great “mad men.”
This is a mini-crash-course in marketing fundamentals.
…from William Golding
Lord of the Rings was one of the first novels I ever read. Its author, William Golding was born on this day (September 19) in 1911. He said this:
“Words may, through the devotion, the skill, the passion and the luck of writers, prove to be the most powerful thing in the world.”
p.s. Coaches, consultants and other business leaders turn to me to power-up their stories because most dish out the same old boring, "blah, blah, blah" content, turn off prospects and then feel frustrated and stuck. So I help them transform content from boring to brilliant, turn the marketing process from frustrating to fun, and convert results from pitiful to profitable. Bottom line, you can fire up prospects and inspire them to hire you with story-powered content that's simple to create. I'll show you how. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...
"*" indicates required fields