Welcome to the first issue of RecomMONDAYtions
Starting right here, right now, I will serve you a fresh-from-the-oven selection of recommendations — sites to visit, podcasts to hear, videos to watch, resources to try, and more — every MONDAY morning.
RecomMONDAYtions will be similar to the Monday Mash-Up — which I’m retiring after 10+ years — with better organization and more recommendations.
Dig in and enjoy…
Build a Network that Works
Virginia Muzquiz is a master connector who knows how to network productively and profitably.
She’ll reveal her secrets in this free masterclass.
Four sessions to choose from: May 29, 1pm-3pm CT; May 31, 11am-1pm CT; June 2, 8-10am CT; June 5,-4pm CT.
Details and registration here.
📰 “Remembering the Meaning of Memorial Day”
Thanks to Dave Dee for recommending this article to me. It reminds us that Memorial Day is not really about backyard BBQs and the unofficial start of summer. It has a much deeper, important meaning.
🧠 Pick My Brain: Community Event
(Thursday, June 1 — 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET)
Smart passionate people from all around the world together to meet, greet, connect, share ideas, solve world problems, and unlock new opportunities.
🤝 Summits That Don’t Suck Info Session
(Wednesday, May 31, 5:00 PM ET)
Michael Whitehouse runs awesome online summits. Want to learn how a summit can help you grow your business and how to host one without lifting a finger? Attend this session.
📡 Tim Ferriss Show (Guest: Seth Godin)
I listened once and then hit replay and listened again. Discussed in this episode: The pursuit of meaning, The life-changing power of choosing your attitude, overcoming rejection, life lessons from Zig Ziglar, and committing to making positive change
📡 Cal Fussman (Guest: Jim Kwik)
An old episode of Cal Fussman’s “Big Questions” with Jim Kwik who teaches mere mortals how to turn memory into a superpower.
🤣 How to Avoid an Advertising Dumpster Fire
Monday Mash-Up readers know how much I love the Marketoonist — because he delivers valuable business lessons via hilarious cartoons. Here’s one that reminds us: “Where an ad appears can sometimes communicate more than the ad itself.”
🙂 “Profitable Happiness” by Dr. Pelè
Here’s what I wrote on Amazon after reading Profitable Happiness: The 5 Key Habits of a High-Performance Organization…
“I love this book. Dr. Pelè drew me in immediately with the opening story and continued to deliver chapter after chapter. This is a valuable — and entertaining — resource for any business leader who wants to build a productive and engaged team. Dr. Pelè reminds us that success doesn’t breed happiness. It’s the other way around. Happiness breeds success. And leaders who follow Dr. Pelè’s lead will have happier employees and, as a result, more successful businesses.”
Quote to Ponder
❝ Most people erroneously believe that happiness is an emotion we must wait to experience when certain conditions are met, when in fact, it is more akin to a skill that can be developed. ❞
– Dr. Pelè from Profitable Happiness
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...